HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates
With HSBC, you can exchange foreign currency at competitive Real Time Exchange Rates1, tiered for larger transactions.
Unlike other banks that usually set their exchange rates once or twice a day, HSBC's Real Time Exchange Rates1 mean you are able to check FX quotes based on where the market is trading in real time. This means you can take advantage of exchange rate movements as they occur.
Make the most of FX market movements
Exchange foreign currencies at Real Time Exchange Rates1, any time the markets are open, wherever you are.
Exchange the currencies you want
Exchange up to 19 different currencies with Real Time Exchange Rates1.
Available for international transfers
Enjoy Real Time Exchange Rates1 for International Transfers.
Make the most of currency movements as they occur when exchanging foreign currency within HSBC accounts or making international transfers1
How it works
- Select Make a Transfer under Move Money.
- Enter your transaction details.
- Check the exchange rate and click 'confirm' to complete your transaction or 'refresh rate' for a new real time exchange rate.
Watch the demonstration for more information
Exchange Foreign Currency in branch
USD and HKD currency note transactions are only available at selected HSBC Branches2. Please give the branch 24 hours' notice for USD and HKD cash withdrawals, and we'll do our best to make this available, however, it's subject to branch availability. To find out more please call us on 1300 308 008.
Exchange Foreign Currency online
Customers with Online Banking
Manage your foreign currency accounts and check real time exchange rates
New to HSBC
Open an Everyday Global Account
Speak to us
You might be interested in
Foreign Currency Accounts
Buy, transact, save, and invest in up to 10 different currencies with our range of foreign currency accounts.
Make international transfers in foreign currency whenever, wherever you want.
Terms & Conditions
Other fees and charges may apply. See our Personal Banking Booklet (PDF, 1.50 MB). This advertisement provides general advice only and doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms (PDF, 1.10 MB) and Financial Services Guide (PDF, 906 KB) before acquiring this product, available by calling 1300 308 008, at your local branch or www.hsbc.com.au. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. AFSL 232595.
- Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, CNY, HKD, CAD, NZD, JPY, CHF, SGD, AED, DKK, MXN, NOK, SAR, SEK, THB and ZAR when using our Online Banking or Mobile Banking to: (1) transfer between HSBC Accounts and the foreign exchange (FX) market is open (excluding weekends, currency and US holidays) or (2) to make international transfers within currency cut-off times. Transfer fees and correspondent bank fees may apply for transfers outside of HSBC Australia. When the FX market is closed on weekends (that is from the US market closing time on Friday to the opening time of the Asia market on Monday), the exchange rate which will apply between your HSBC Australia accounts is the exchange rate applying at the time the US market closed plus an additional weekend spread. The HSBC Daily Exchange Rate, set once a day (excluding weekends and NSW public holidays) will apply to transfers outside of HSBC Australia entered after currency cut-off times, on currency holidays and on NSW and US public holidays, and will apply for all future-dated transactions on the future date of the transaction. FX transactions are subject to foreign exchange risk associated with exchange rate movements. HSBC FX accounts should not be used for speculative purposes.
- USD and HKD cash transactions are available at selected HSBC branches. For USD and HKD deposits, these must be notes only and in multiples of 10. Cash transactions in USD and HKD are subject to cash handling fees. Please refer to the Personal Banking Booklet (PDF, 1.50 MB) for HSBC accounts for more information.